Expression: I'm having a hard time

I'm having a hard time  + (verb-ing)

By stating you are having a hard time you are letting someone know you are having difficulty with something. This could be something physical or mental and something that could be overcome with effort.



DIALOGUE

A: I see you are still doing your Math homework.

B: I'm having a hard time solving the problems in Activity 3.

A: Do you need some help?

B: Not really. I can figure it out. Thanks.

A: Alright! Just let me know if you need any help.


Here are some example sentences:

"I'm having a hard time writing."
"I'm having a hard time understanding you."
"I'm having a hard time answering your question."
"I'm having a hard time downloading videos to my computer."
"I'm having a hard time agreeing to the terms."


With the addition of an adverb (a word that describes a verb), you can express in more detail just how difficult something is for you.


Here are some examples:

"I'm having an extremely hard time trusting you."

"I'm having an extremely hard time with my wife."

"I'm having a very hard time finding a job."

"I'm having a very hard time finding parts for my car."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It's a no-brainer."

Idiom: Behind bars

Idiom: At all cost(s) / At any cost