Phrase: Look after

Look after (Phrasal Verb)

Meaning : 

1. If you look after someone, you do what is necessary to keep them healthy, safe, or in good condition.

2. If you look after something, you are responsible for it and deal with it or make sure it is all right, especially because it is your job to do so.


Example sentences:

  • "I've asked my husband to look after our children while I'm away."
  • "We'll help you look after your finances."
  • "People don't look after other people's property in the same way as they look after their own."
  • "I love looking after the children."


Example Dialogue

A: Are you free this Saturday?

B: Not really. Why?

A: I would like to invite you over for dinner.

B: I'm sorry but my parents will be away this weekend so I have to stay home and look after my siblings.


Other similar sentences:

"Please keep an eye on your younger sister while I'm cooking dinner."

"I watched over her to make sure she was safe."

"Don't worry, I'll take care of your daughter."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It's a no-brainer."

Idiom: Behind bars

Idiom: At all cost(s) / At any cost