Make up one's mind

Meaning/Usage: To make a decision about something : to decide.

Explanation: This is usually used when someone can't make a decision. Not only does it mean to make a decision, it also implies to do it quickly.


Example Dialog


A: "I don't know which one to get."

B: "They're both pretty good, so just pick one."

A: "I always regret it when I pick the wrong one."

B: "You're picking between white chocolate or regular chocolate. There is no wrong answer so hurry up and make up your mind."



Example Sentences

"We don't have all day. Hurry up and make up your mind."

"Make up your mind, we don't have much time."

"I can't make up my mind. Can you help me decide?"

"If you don't make up your mind, I'll choose for you."

"Both of them look really good. I can't make up my mind." 





DISCUSSION

  • Are you good at making decisions?
  • Tell me about a good/bad decision you made.
  • Do you like to make choices? Why or why not?
  • How often do you have to makes choices?
  • How do you make choices?
  • How much time does it normally take you to make up your mind and choose something?
  • How do you feel when presented with a lot of options to choose from?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It's a no-brainer."

Idiom: Behind bars

Idiom: At all cost(s) / At any cost