Phrase: Just Name It / You Name It

1. "Just name it"

Meaning/Usage: Used to express that you are offering to do or give anything the other person asks. It's a shortened way of saying, "tell me anything you want or need."


A. "There is so much to get done today." 

B. "I will help you with whatever you need. Just name it!"


Example Sentences:

  •  "I will help you with whatever you need, just name it.
  • "We can do whatever you want, just name it." 
  • "Just name it and we can do it."


Other Common Sentences

"Anything you need."
"Tell me what you need and I'll do it."


2. "You name it"

Meaning/UsageYou say you name it, usually after or before a list, to indicate that you are talking about a very wide range of things or there are many things to choose from.


Example Sentences:

  • Pickled cucumbers, jam, pickled berries, tomatoes; you name it, they've got it.
  • Gin, vodka, whiskey, beer - you name it, I've got it.
  • I also enjoy windsurfing, tennis, racquetball, swimming, you name it.
  • I've tried every diet going - you name it, I've tried it.
  • I can do everything with my iPhone: surf the Internet, send emails, play games, take pictures, you name it.
  • Everglades Camp offers horseback riding, tennis, water sports, you name it.
  • There are many kinds of restaurants in the downtown area: Korean, Thai, Mexican, Japanese, you name it.
  • They sell everything at this store: clothes, food, furniture, stationery, you name it.
  • My friend has traveled all over the world. He’s been to France, Brazil, Australia, China, you name it.


Related words:

"and more..."

"etc."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It's a no-brainer."

Idiom: Behind bars

Idiom: At all cost(s) / At any cost