Phrase: "Look back"

Phrasal Verb: Look back

Meaning:

  • If you look back, you think about things that happened in the past.
  • To recall the past; to think about something in the past.
  • To review past events; return in thought.


Example Sentences

  • "When I look back on our school days, it seems as if they were a decade ago."
  • "Some people are looking back at the old system and don't accept there are other ways of doing things."
  • "One day we may look back and think we made the right decisions."
  • "We have more things to worry about rather than look back at what happened four years ago."
  • "Remember to look back upon your mistakes from time to time, but never regret them."
  • "Adults often look back on their childhood as a golden age."
  • "Once he makes a plan, he'll never look back."
  • "When I look back on those days, I realize I was desperately unhappy."
  • "It wasn't such a bad experience when I look back on it."
  • "I feel regretful looking back on the things I've done."

DISCUSSION

Try to look back on the past year and answer the following questions:

  • What went well?
  • What surprised you?
  • What did this year teach you?
  • What needs to be left behind?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It's a no-brainer."

Idiom: Behind bars

Idiom: At all cost(s) / At any cost