"It's the least I can do." Meaning Something you should do A polite answer to someone who thanks you (and you feel or wish you could do more) A common answer to being thanked for doing something is "It's the least I could do," which is basically synonymous with "It was nothing". You use expressions like 'that's the least that I can do' to mean that you are very willing to do it, or to acknowledge someone's thanks. Example Dialogs A: "Thanks for taking me to the bus stop." B: "You're welcome. It's the least I could do now that I have a car." A: "Thank you so much for the cookies!" B: "It's the least we can do to repay you for looking after our pets while we were away." A: "Thanks for cleaning up." B: " It's the least I can do , seeing as I'm staying here rent-free." Example Sentences If your mother cooks a special dinner the least you can d...
Comments
Post a Comment