Phrase: Go without / “to go without something” / “to go (place/time) without something”

 

"I can go without..."

Meaning: to proceed, continue, do, or live without something

  • If you go without something that you need or usually have or do, you do not get it or do it.

Similar Expressions

  • Humans can go without food for weeks.
  • Humans can do without food for weeks.
  • Humans can manage without food for weeks.
  • Humans can live without food for weeks.

When do we use it?

1. We can use this phrase to literally mean that we can go to a place without something or someone.

  • You can go to the game without me.
  • Children can go without their parents to the park.
  • You can go to lunch without me.

2 We can also use this phrase to show that we do not need something in order to do something else.

  • I can go without sleep for days.
  • I can go a week without alcohol.
  • You can go without a car if you can't afford it.
  • I have known what it is like to go without food for days.
  • I can go without any kind of luxury.
  • Some families go without medical treatment because of their inability to pay.
  • Whales can go without air for 90 minutes.
  • I can go without meat today.
  • I had to go without breakfast this morning as I was in a hurry.
  • New parents go without much sleep for at least the first few months.
  • I can go a day without a phone.
  • Can you go without your vacuum cleaner and washing machine?
  • Can you go a month without drinking?
  • How long can you go without sleep?
  • How long can a human being go without sleep?
  • How long can a dog go without food?

3. We can use this phrase to show that we do not like somebody or something. 

  • I don’t like her. I can go without seeing her.
  • I can go without eating carrots.
  • If you don’t want fish for dinner, then you’ll just have to go without!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It's a no-brainer."

Idiom: At all cost(s) / At any cost

Idiom: Get (something) off your chest