Skip to main content
Phrasal Verb: Let (someone/something) down
Meaning
- To cause someone to be disappointed, often because you have failed to do what you promised.
- If you let someone down, you disappoint them, by not doing something that you have said you will do or that they expected you to do.
- If something lets you down, it is the reason you are not as successful as you could have been.
Example Sentences
- You will be there tomorrow. You won't let me down, will you?
- When I failed to get accepted at the top university, I really felt I had let my parents down.
- I don't want to let myself down in the exam.
- My children would never let me down.
- I'm relying on your help. Please don't let me down.
- Don't worry, mom, I won't let you down.
- She’s a great player, and never lets her team down.
- Dad said he'd be here to watch my baseball game, but he let me down again.
- I'll work hard. I don't want to let my family down.
- Have you ever been let down by someone?
- It's painful to feel let down by someone, but it happens to all of us.
- Have you ever let someone down?
- I'll work hard. I don't want to let my family down.
- The company now has a large number of workers who feel badly let down.
- Many believe it was his shyness and insecurity which let him down.
- Sadly, the film is let down by an excessively simple plot.
Comments
Post a Comment