Phrase: (not) lose sleep (over something)

 

"Don't lose sleep over it."


Meaning

  • To lose sleep over means to excessively worry about someone or something so much to the point that you cannot sleep —usually used in negative statements.
  • To not lose sleep over something means to not let something worry or upset you.

Related words: worry a lot, overthink, get insomnia


Example Sentences

  • I know I made a mistake, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
  • I wouldn't lose any sleep over what happened.
  • I'm disappointed about their decision, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.
  • It was just a mistake. Don’t lose any sleep over it.
  • It’s just a practice game – I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.
  • Yes, my husband is in a little bit of trouble, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over him.
  • I think my parents didn't lose sleep over my poor school performance.
  • It's too bad, the experiment failed, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
  • I hope you won't lose sleep over this issue with the computer. I'll call a technician in the morning and see if they can fix it.
  • I'm trying not to lose sleep over my daughter, but I just worry about how she'll cope with the pressures of high school.
  • Many parents lose sleep over thoughts of their children staying out late, smoking and boozing.
  • Buying a mattress is a big investment, but buying one online is something anyone would lose sleep over.
  • While political analysts and legal experts lose sleep over Trump’s continued claims that he won in 2020, most Americans, according to Gallup polling, see COVID, the economy, and poor leadership as the country’s three most important problems.
  • I lost sleep over the money I spent beyond my budget and woke up with a panic attack.
  • Have you ever lost sleep over something?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It's a no-brainer."

Idiom: Behind bars

Idiom: At all cost(s) / At any cost