Phrase: From now on

 

"From now on"


Meaning

  • We use this expression to say that something will begin now and continue into the future - perhaps forever.
  • If you do something "from now on", you do it from now and keep doing it until some unknown time in the future.

Origin 

This phrase does not have any special story for how it originated. It came to be used regularly as a part of the English language. The only misconception is that some people thinks it means “immediately” but it means more of “starting from now”.


Example Sentences

  • From now on you can wear casual clothes to work every Friday.
  • I was lucky to escape from the accident with just a few minor injuries, so from now on I'm going to be much more careful when I drive.
  • Our task has been easy so far, but it will be difficult from now on.
  • I made up my mind to quit smoking from now on.
  • From now on, every student must switch off their phones before coming to my class. 
  • Mary told us that from now on, she wouldn’t be eating any meat or fish as she is starting a vegetarian diet.
  • From now on, I'm going to go for a walk everyday.
  • From now on, I will expect nothing from anyone and just take what I get.
  • From now on, I will only be working in the mornings.
  • You should start practicing your English from now on.
  • I'm going to buy groceries online from now on.

  • From now on, I'm going to wake up earlier than usual.
  • The government announced that wearing a facemask is no longer required. I'm going stop wearing it from now on.
  • My brother almost got a failing grade in his exam last week. He said he's going to study harder from now on.
  • If there's anything you want to change in your life from now on, what would it be? 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It's a no-brainer."

Idiom: Behind bars

Idiom: At all cost(s) / At any cost