Phrase: In case you missed it (ICYMI)

 

"In case you missed it."

Meaning

  •  You use the phrase "in case you missed it" to alert someone to something that they might  haven't seen or heard about. The word "miss" here means to fail to notice, see, hear, or understand.
  • The phrase "In case you missed it", has a new abbreviation: ICYMI. It's what people say – or type, rather – when they want to point you in the direction of something interesting or enlightening that's available for your perusal online – in case you missed it.


Example Sentences

  • In case you missed it, these are the five biggest fashion trends for summer.
  • I will say that again in case you missed it.
  • In case you missed it, we actually have a whole other episode on this topic called How to Keep Coming Up With Ideas for Content.
  • In case you missed it, Crash Course Mythology, which I am hosting, got started last week. So if you want to check out the first episode of that, we'll put a link in the description.
  • In case you missed it, we'll look again. So look to the right-hand side of the screen.
  • Just in case you missed it, June the 18th was a National Day of Making in the United States. President Obama called upon Americans to observe the day with programs, ceremonies and activities that encourage a new generation of makers and manufacturers to share their talents and hone their skills.
  • Hi Sam. I'm following up on the proposal I sent you last week on a strategy for our social media content. In case you missed it, I'm attaching it again and I'd be happy to walk you through it. 
  • In case you missed it, the most important climate change report for the best part of a decade came out a couple of weeks ago.
  • Thank you for watching. Here's my most recent video in case you missed it.
  • In case you missed it, last week was the first week of our brand new schedule.
  • In case you missed it, I am now a dual German-British citizen, which means that I have my British passport and I also have my German identity card.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It's a no-brainer."

Idiom: Behind bars

Idiom: At all cost(s) / At any cost